Torn.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Every once in a while, I will express myself in poetry. It's a huge part of who I am and that part has been lost for many years. Just recently, someone I used to participate in poetry challenges and collaborate with posted something from those days (circa 2008, I believe) that really made me miss writing. It sparked that old flame of desire to pour my random thoughts into some sort of pattern. My patterns don't also rhyme, but if you know anything at all about poetry, you'll know not all poems rhyme. If you need everything to rhyme for you, I can recommend a Dr. Seuss book or two. ;)


I've had a recent break-up that, while I am healing, it is still pretty fresh and I have my moments.  I am, in fact, slightly broken. Busted. Defective. Ruptured. Hurt. Slivered. Collapsed. Demolished. Severed. Pulverized. Split. Cracked. Fractured. Shattered. Rent. Fragmentary. Crippled. Smashed. Riven. Burst. Separated. Crushed. Mangled. Disintegrate. Shivered. Dismantled. Damaged. Mutilated. Shredded.


In pieces.


Mostly, though.. I'm just torn.


TORN

my sadness overwhelms me
like a butterfly without wings
a page torn in two
shattered glass and broken dreams.




i take a look around me
and all i really see
is lost hope, wandering souls
stormy clouds.
i am dying inside without you
heart and soul screaming for pain relief.
to hold you in my arms again,
kiss you, hug you, touch you
i long for you each night i sleep.


original ©2007   ©2014 Barbara F. O'Dell (the little b.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hate comments will not be tolerated.